How do you track your rankings on Google? Still, using Google Search Console to determine your ranking? As we all know, Search Console can only provide an average ranking for a particular keyword, and it isn’t that reliable or accurate, to be honest.
Another way some beginners try to determine the ranking is by running a search, keyword by keyword on Google, which is way too tiring and time taking.
But you’ll be better off with a professional SERP tracking tool that could provide enough data and metrics related to your page. Most Digital marketers use such tools to increase their ranking and improve their organic traffic.
The most important thing to consider while purchasing these tools is the accuracy of the data they provide. However, every tool uses a different method of calculating these metrics, and the result of the exact keywords or website may vary from one tool to another.
There are plenty of tools to pick from, but we are here to suggest to you some of the best ones available in the market. As a professional blogger and SEO expert, I’ve used many of them, but only a few met my expectations.
How does SERP Tracking tools work?
The SERP tools have an easy-to-use dashboard and interface that you could use to understand the performance of your website. While using them, you have to enter your keywords or website URL to start tracking the performance based on your region. You can add your websites as projects to keep a continuous check on critical metrics.
How can SERP tracking benefit you?
There are multiple benefits of using the SERP (search engine result page) tool as you could manage and track:
- Search results ranking
- Domain authority
- Referring pages
- Improve On-Page SEO
- Remove technical errors
- Keyword tracking
These tools are also an excellent source for improving the fundamentals of the website. Keeping track of all these metrics could help you improve the overall performance of the website.
Now let’s get started with some of the best SERP tracking tools that you could use.
Which are the best SERP tracking tools?
Semrush is one of the most recommended software available in the market and undoubtedly one of the best. This is the software that I use for managing my blogs and client’s website.
One of the reasons why more than 5 million marketers prefer this software over others is the accuracy of data. Some global brands that use the product are Tesla, Amazon, Quora, Apple, and many more.
Features of Semrush
- You can track your already ranking keywords and determine the scope of different keywords that you could rank for.
- Perform in-depth competitor analysis to find out areas where you can outrank them on SERPs.
- With the help of the Site Audit tool, you can identify Technical and On-page errors that could push you for higher rankings.
- Build and track backlinks to establish authority for your site and improve ranking.
- You can identify your competitors and check their SERP rankings to understand the areas of improvement better.
Pricing of SemRush
SemRush offers a complete digital marketing solution for your business. The pricing has three different levels of monthly and annual subscriptions.
Pro: Costs $119.95/month with access to SERP rankings for 3 websites, 500 keywords limit, PDF export, and more than 40 tools.
Guru: Costs $229.95/month with all the Pro features plus Content Marketing Platform, Historical Data, Extended limits, Google Data Studio Integration
Business: Costs $449.95/month All the Guru features plus API access, Extended limits and sharing options, Google Data Studio Integration, Share of Voice metric.
Another powerful tool for tracking your SERPs is Mangaloos. Some SEO gurus like Bryan Dean from Backlinko and Gael Breton from Authority Hacker recommend this software.
With multiple features, you’ll get complete Marketing software that could provide you with an edge over the online competitors.
Many global brands like Airbnb and Adidas use Mangaloos for Digital marketing and SEO purposes.
Features of Mangaloos
- Easy to use dashboard and intuitive design makes it easy for you to navigate and get your job done.
- With Local SERP analysis, you can quickly identify the ranking of every page and keyword.
- You can analyze the total SERP result with insights from different countries and locations.
- Allows an easy export & sharing of detailed reports to quickly communicate with clients and businesses about the performance.
- SEO difficulty and search volume data provided by Mangaloos that most of the time are accurate.
- Mangaloos provides a Chrome and Firefox extension so that you can conveniently analyze a webpage using your browser.
- The software provides an in-depth analysis of your competitor’s authority and backlinks.
Pricing of Mangaloos
Given the features this software provides, Mangaloos does not charge much and is one of the most affordable yet high-quality products that you could use for tracking your SERPs.
You can try out the software with a 10-day free trial, but there will be certain restrictions.
After the trial ends, you can opt for either a monthly or yearly subscription available in three plans with different sets of features.
Basic: Starts with $29.90/Mo with an annual subscription and provides 100 Keywords lookups per day, 25 Competitor Keywords, 100,000 monthly backlinks tracking, and more.
Premium: Starts with $39.90 per month with an annual subscription and provides 500 Keywords lookups per day, Unlimited Competitor Keywords, 500,000 monthly backlinks tracking, and more.
Agency: Starts @ $79.90 per month with an annual subscription and provides 1200 Keywords lookups per day, Unlimited Competitor Keywords, 1,200,000 monthly backlinks tracking, and more.
SE ranking is another software that you could rely on for getting SERPs details. It is well suited for Marketing professionals, businesses, bloggers, and even beginners. This is one of the Best SERP tracking tools available in the market.
Most of the metrics and data provided by the software are accurate, and you could rely on it. Globally it has more than 300,000 users, including some Multinational companies.
Features of SE Ranking
- Provides in-depth detail about Keywords, Top Pages, Domain Authority, Backlink profile, and much more.
- It has a better Rank, Keyword, Backlink tracking ability than Ubersuggest. You can track the details of Google SERPs of different countries.
- As it has a database of more than 2 billion keywords, most of the information provided is reliable and close to accurate.
- A user-friendly dashboard provides comprehensive data that you could use to analyze competitor’s keywords.
- With the help of the Site Audit tool, you could identify significant issues or technical errors that you could fix to improve On-page SEO.
- You can conduct PPC competitor research to see what keywords the competitor is ranking for.
Pricing of SE Ranking
There are multiple payment options available for this software. But before you subscribe, you’ll have to ensure that you determine the Ranking check frequency based on your requirements, as the monthly plan depends on that.
You can select among Daily, Every 3 days, and weekly as your frequency for rank checking. By choosing 3 day or weekly checks, you save 10% and 20% respectively on the overall price.
Three different payment options offer different sets of features & you can subscribe for Monthly, Quarterly, Half Yearly, 9-Months, and Yearly plans with up to 20% discount.
- 10 Websites
- Website Audit for 25,000 pages
- Monitor 5,000 backlinks
- Check backlinks for 20 domains/day & More
- Unlimited number of websites
- Website Audit for 150,000 pages
- Monitor 25,000 backlinks
- Check backlinks for 100 domains/day & More
- Unlimited number of websites
- Website Audit for 250,000 pages
- Monitor 75,000 backlinks
- Check backlinks for 300 domains/day & More
This is one of the recently announced SEO marketing suites that provide accurate data and analysis. Since the launch of the product in 2018, they have gained a fair amount of customers. Morning Score comes with multiple tools that make it fun and simple to attract more visitors to your website.
Features of Morning Score
- Track and monitor your SERPs daily to keep an eye on any changes and find scope for improvements.
- It has an interactive and easy-to-use dashboard that even beginners can get comfortable with.
- Identify content and technical issues that may exist on pages to improve the overall health of the website.
- Easily set up the mission and goals of your projects to keep tracking the progress.
- Identify your competitor’s strategy and analyze their PPC campaigns.
- The tools provide an accurate Backlink profile that gives you enough speakers.
Pricing Of Morning Score
There are multiple Morning Score subscription plans available that come with different sets of features. However, before the subscription, you could also try out the software with a 14-day free trial to better understand.
Dashboard access: $6/Mo
- 5 Keywords
- 1 Website
- 1 user
Growth suite: $65/Mo
- 200 Keywords
- 5 Websites
- 2 users
Serpstat is another excellent tool for monitoring and tracking your SERP. When launched in 2013, it was mainly targeted towards the audience in Ukraine, but now they cater to users globally as they keep on expanding their database.
Some of the global giants that use the software are Samsung, Phillips, Uber, Deloitte, Shopify, and more.
Features of Serpstat
- Complete research of SERPs with advanced analytics to help you monitor every aspect of your results.
- Get SERP historical data to analyze your past performance if you were not tracking it earlier.
- With the help of Site audit tools, you can identify technical errors and resolve them to improve the visibility of your website.
- Track positions of the keywords in multiple countries to ensure you reach a wide range of audiences.
- Perform keyword research using a URL or find new opportunities in different niches.
- Insights into Traffic distribution among more domains.
Pricing of Serpstat
Serpstat is another affordable software solution that provides premium features. There is a free version available as well that you could use to get started.
There are multiple payment options available that come with different sets of features.
Lite: Costs $55/Mo is best suited for SEO individuals, Freelancers as this plan offers more than 20 tools.
Standard: Costs $119/month, suitable for a small marketing agency and team with access to 3 different users.
Advanced: Costs $239/month, ideal for Big marketing companies and large in-house teams with access to up to 5 users.
Enterprise: Costs $399/month best suited for industry leaders, and provides 7 user access.
Accuranker claims to be one of the best performing and accurate tools available in the market. Their claim is trusted by more than 25,000 agencies, SEO professionals, and brands, including some Global giants like HBO, Salesforce, Hubspot, and more.
All the metrics are organized in a simplified manner which allows easy tracking and management.
Features of Accuranker
- You can check the ranking for multiple websites and keywords on the go.
- Manually request a refresh of your ranking data every 24 hours.
- Key metrics like Ranking, Search Volume, Keyword Difficulty, Referring domains are mostly accurate.
- Easily share branded reports with your clients or businesses by adding your logo.
- Track your brand’s popularity on Social media platforms and identify areas of improvement.
- Filter data in hundreds of ways to find exactly what you are looking for.
- Get ahead of your competitors by keeping an eye on their strategy to improve yours.
Pricing of Accuranker
The pricing for this SERP tracking software depends on the number of keywords you plan to monitor. You can try out the software with a 14 Day free trial, and once you are satisfied with the service, you can subscribe with an Annual subscription to save 10% on the total cost.
1000 Keywords: $99/Mo
2000 Keywords: $209/Mo
5000 Keywords: $429/Mo
10,000 Keywords: $649/Mo
Ahrefs is one of the most reliable and trusted products available in the market that you could use to analyze your rankings. The software has a rating of 4.8 and 4.6 out of 5, respectively, on Capterra and G2.
Some brands like Facebook, eBay, Uber, Netflix, Adobe use the platform to improve their online presence.
Features of Ahrefs
- With the help of Site Explorer, you can identify Organic traffic, Backlinks to make further improvements.
- You can also identify the areas where you can outrank your competitors and gain an advantage over their strategy.
- Using content explorer, you can identify the areas of web pages that can be improved.
- Perform a site Audit to analyze the overall Technical On-page and Off-page SEO metrics.
- Get a detailed report of how your website performs in different aspects so that you can take the necessary measures to improve them.
- You can download and save reports or keywords locally on your system.
- With the help of free learning material to understand more about how Ahrefs can help you grow digitally.
Pricing of Ahrefs
Ahrefs offers tons of features and functionality that you could use to understand and generate advanced reports and data. To understand how to use them all, Ahrefs provides Free learning material.
As of now, Ahrefs offers 4 different payment plans with different sets of features and functionality. With the annual subscription, you can avail of 2 additional Months for Free.
Lite: $99 with 500 keywords, 1 user, 10,000 Crawls/Mo
Standard: $179 with 1500 keywords, 1 user, 50,000 Crawls/Mo
Advanced: $399 with 5000 keywords, 3 users, 1.25 million
Agency: $999 with 10000 keywords, 5 users, 2.5 million
Pro Rank Tracker is an efficient software that allows you to Track, Analyze & Report every aspect of a website’s online performance.
The software is trusted by more than 60,000 professionals worldwide, including agencies, enterprises, SEOs, SEMs, and website owners. With continuous improvements and updates in the last 7 years, the software provides accurate data that you could rely on.
Features of Pro Rank Tracker
- The state-of-the-art ranking algorithm can be used to outperform any competitor to give you the most accurate, up-to-date results on the ranking of your websites.
- Pro tracker is a cloud-based software and can be accessed from any device having an internet connection.
- You can track ranking across major search engines, including Google, Yahoo, Bing, YouTube, and listings on Amazon.
- Generate different types of reports, including current ranking, progress, comparison, and benchmarks.
- You can share the reports as a link and label them with your logo.
- The software supports English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, and Dutch.
- In addition to the daily updates, you will be able to perform additional updates on demand.
Pricing of Pro Rank Tracker
You can start using Pro Rank Tracker Free of cost for 30 days with all premium features enabled, after which 20 terms of basic tracking will be available.
If you are satisfied with the functionality of the software, you can subscribe using a Paid Subscription.
Starter: Starts with $11/Mo & includes
- Daily Rank Updates
- Local & Mobile Tracking
- Unlimited URLs
- Unlimited Reports
Pro: Starts with $71/Mo & includes Starter +
- 10 Sub-Accounts
- MyRanks Client App
Agency: Starts at $144/mo & includes Pro +
- API Access
- Dedicated CSM
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best rank tracker?
2. How do I check my SEO rankings?
After you subscribe with one of the software mentioned above you can save your website as a project to keep a continuous track of the performance. Most of them have an easy to use dashboard and free learning materials that help you make the best use of the software.
We hope that you’ll be able to identify the software necessary for your requirement. We would suggest you try out the software with a free trial before subscribing.
Let us know which software you are going to subscribe to for your website.
We would love to hear your suggestions and feedback regarding the content of this article.