Finding the Best SMTP server provider is crucial for ensuring smooth functioning, especially for an eCommerce store. The main job of an SMTP server is to deliver mail from the website to the visitors.
Most marketers use these servers to ensure that their mail drops in the user’s inbox instead of going into a Spam folder.
Here we will discuss some of the best SMTP servers that can offer you 99% deliverability and a great customer experience.
But before we get started first, let’s understand;
Why do you need an SMTP for WordPress?
If you are familiar with WordPress technicalities, you might be aware that WordPress uses PHP functions to send emails.
But this function has its shortcomings, and you cannot rely on this default service because most of the hosting providers do not configure it properly, while some don’t even provide such an option. The main reason is that it does not comply with proper authentication and can spam emails.
We would not recommend using the PHP function to send emails to your visitors as it might not fulfil your purpose of delivering the emails in their inbox. The high chances are that your marketing emails will be flushed down as Junk emails and will never get opened.
All types of WordPress sites like;
Needs to configure an SMTP server to increase the chances of getting more popularity and attract more target audience.
Once a Website starts getting enough traffic from Google or through paid marketing, the most important thing that marketers try is to grow their EMail list. A list of Emails that can be used;
- To Send promotional offers
- To Notify for New Blogs or events
- For New User Registration
- For user’s profile password recovery
- To send the invoice, order summary, etc. (for E-comm)
- For Contact form Submission
What is SMTP?
SMTP stands for Simple Mail Transfer Protocol, which is used as a communication protocol between the two or more emails with proper authentication. As mentioned earlier, with appropriate authentication, your emails have a better probability of landing in the user’s inbox.
Such services are not mainly free but come with a price. However, Google and Outlook do provide free servers for business email addresses.
But these services also have their restrictions and won’t let you send automatic emails using SMTP.
This brings us back to the main topic; finding the Best SMTP server to improve your marketing efforts.
Now that you have a clear picture of SMTP let’s get started with the list of Best SMTP server providers.
Which are the best SMTP server providers?
|SMTP Server Providers||Free Trial||Pricing||Rating|
|SendinBlue||Free Forever plan (300/day)||Starts @ 25/Mo||3.5/5|
|SMTP.com||Free trial of 30 days||Starts @ 25/Mo for 50K Emails|
|MailGun||Free trial for 3 months||Starts @ 35/Mo for 50K Emails|
|Sendgrid||Free Forever plan (6000 emails/mo)||Starts @ $15/Mo||4.5/5|
|Turbo SMTP||Free Plan with 6000 Emails/Mo||Starts @ $14.95/Mo|
|Moosend||Free for 1000 subscribers||Starts @ $10/Mo for 1500 subscribers|
|Mail Jet||Free plan (200 emails day with unlimited contacts)||Starts @ $8.69/Mo||3.5/5|
|Pepipost||Free Forever plan (100 emails/day)||Starts @ $17.5/Mo||3/5|
|Mailify||500 emails for 30 days||Starts @ $69/Mo||3/5|
|SendPulse||Free plan (15000/Mo for a subscribers list of 500 emails)||Start @ $6.4/Mo||4.5/5|
Sendinblue is one of the best and easy to use SMTP service providers for beginners. The company provides multiple sets of features that can be used to serve various marketing purposes. Apart from Email marketing, you can also deliver your messages via SMS marketing and instant Chats on the website.
People starting in the industry should consider subscribing to Sendinblue because it will statistically save up the cost and back your marketing plans.
- It helps you improve your marketing efforts by using Email heatmap, A/B testing, Real-time statistics, Retargeting, etc.
- It supports CRM’s like WordPress, Shopify, or Wix.
- The flexible API lets you add its features to any tool or product.
- 99.9 % Inbox deliverability.
- Provides audience segmentation for identifying more engaging users.
- Organize your team and track every customer interaction in your dashboard.
- Easy setup of transactional Emails.
- Create more interactive landing pages.
- Launch Facebook ads based on your contact list.
- Grow your email list using the Signup forms.
Sendinblue lets you send emails to up to 300 visitors per day, i.e., 9000 per month for FREE. But other features mentioned above will not be available in the trial version.
And to avail of those features and improve your deliverability, you can opt for the paid plans.
The Lite and Premium pricing plan depends upon your estimated monthly sent emails. When compared with other services, Sendinblue offers fantastic services at affordable pricing.
- 10k emails/mo = $25
- 40k emails/mo = $54
- 60k emails/mo = $69
- 100k emails/mo = $99
- 20k emails/ mo = $65
- 100k emails/mo = $124
- 500k emails/mo = $379
- 1M emails/mo = $599
SMTP.com is one of the most reliable service providers with more than 100,000+ delivery partners around the globe.
They offer reliable and straightforward steps that can help you fix your email delivery problems. Their service has maintained a 99% uptime and 98% email delivery rate consistently.
The company’s core function of smtp.com is to offer Bulk email delivery via SMTP servers, and they have gained a good reputation by doing that.
For the website owner, SMTP.com manages Automated Bulk emails, Registration Emails, Order Confirmation, etc.
- Seamless integration with WordPress and plugins like WP Mail SMTP plugin.
- Detailed reports of sent and viewed emails.
- Supports leading authentication standards, including SPF, DKIM, and DMARC, aside from standard encryption.
- In-house support for the users is accessible 365 days a year.
- Simple and Easy to use integration for Non-technical users.
- Fast and reliable RESTful email delivery API that works flexibly.
- Industry-leading deliverability
- Plug-and-play integration with marketing tools
- On-board your business onto SMTP most seamlessly and effortlessly with a distinguished account management system.
SMTP.com has multiple pricing options that let you enjoy these features and benefits. You can also opt for the free trial of 30 days to give you a fair idea about how everything functions and how you can make the best use of this service.
The pricing plan depends upon the monthly email that you are expecting to send out.
Essential: 50,000 emails/ mo for $25
Starter: 100,000 emails/ mo for $80
Growth: 500,000 emails/ mo for $300
Business: 1,000,000 emails/ mo for $500
Mailgun is a powerful API based SMTP service that can enable you to send, receive and track email effortlessly.
The service has a vast user base of 250,000+ businesses globally. The average customer results reflect a 97.4% Average Delivery Rate and an Average Monthly Volume of 24.6 Million emails deliveries.
While the average bounce rate of 0.42% for deliverability services customers against the industry average bounce rate of 2%.
- Email strategy and consultation for exceptional deliverability
- An assigned Technical Account Manager (TAM) monitors your account and provides suggestions for improvement.
- Easy to integrate with WordPress or similar platforms.
- Increase the Inbox delivery using SPF, DKIM, and DMARC customization methods.
- Real-time collaboration features right in the drag-and-drop email builder for easy coordination between team members.
- Fast deliverability of marketing and transactional emails.
- Inbox placement, a proactive tool, predicts inbox deliverability issues and improves performance before sending an email.
- Real-time email tracking and advanced analytics for emails
- Easy functioning with ISPs like Gmail over TLS or SSL.
Mailgun offers multiple pricing options under different plans. It has a free trial available called “Pay As You Grow” that lets you send 5000 emails per month for the first three months and then pay as per your requirement.
While other plans are;
Foundation : Starting at $35 for 50,000 Emails
Growth: Starting at $80 for 100,000 Emails
Scale: Starting at $90 for 100,000 Emails
These plans have different sets of features and functionalities that you would be able to access. Check out more details here.
SendGrid is one of the best cloud-based SMTP service providers that offer high deliverability and unique sets of advanced features.
Around 80,000+ businesses use their services to improve their marketing efforts and communication with the users.
They focus on delivering 100% of Emails in the inbox for better ROI. You can use their Email ROI calculator to get a better picture before investing.
- It uses Artificial Intelligence that keeps adapting itself to different ISP rules.
- Customer Success and Support Teams provide guidance whenever you need it.
- Uses SPF and DKIM to avoid phishing and spoofing.
- Interactive dashboard to help you identify and improve delivery based on different parameters.
- Multiple responsive templates, or create your own.
- Easy drag and drop tools based on HTML.
- Easy collaborative efforts by adding team members.
- Suitable ecosystem and features for E-commerce websites.
- Quickly add a new IP to your account
- Add SendGrid API to your website or App with ease.
SendGrid provides you with a Free SMTP service that lets you send 100 emails per day forever but with limited features.
However, if you have an extensive database of customer emails, you should opt for the other Essential, Pro, or Premier plans to suit your requirement better.
Essential: Starts at $14.95/mo
Pro: Starts $89.95/mo
Premier: Contact Sales Team
Turbo SMTP is a reliable service provider that offers flexible plans and services. You can send confidential emails like Password reset, Order confirmation without having to worry about the deliverability.
The company provides 24/7 support to the customers via telephone, live chat, or by raising a ticket. Their highly qualified representatives can solve your problem on the go.
Turbo SMTP is compatible with most major mail clients like Mozilla Thunderbird, Windows Mail, SendBlaster, GroupMail, etc.
- Real-time click and open email tracking.
- Receive daily, weekly, monthly reports with a detailed performance of your email campaigns.
- High-speed Email deliverability anywhere in the world.
- No Bandwidth cap means there is no limit on data transfer.
- Email Validation tools let you scan your list of emails to identify any dangerous or non-existent contact.
- Avoids all of those usage limits that ISPs put on their outgoing mail services to increase deliverability.
- Easy to use account management with detailed reports.
There are multiple payment plans that you could opt for. The free program allows you to send 6,000 emails every month, 200 a day, for 12 months.
- The monthly plan starts from $14.95
- The yearly plan starts from $149.5
- The monthly plan starts from $79.95
- The yearly plan starts from $799.50
Contact them directly if you require more than 1,000,000 emails here.
Moosend is another reputed brand that offers SMTP servers with exceptional email deliveries across the globe.
Even if you don’t have any technical knowledge, you will still be able to use their easy-to-use service with any Website, CRM, or E-commerce platform.
Their affordable plans aim to offer 98% email deliverability with world-class customer support to help you resolve your problems quickly.
- Beginner friendly and offer benefits Of Email Marketing Minus The Coding
- Drag & Drop Email Editor, A/B Testing, Data Analytics, List Segmentation
- Automated Email templates to get started quickly.
- Easy to use Drag and Drop Automation Editor
- Advanced Personalization to improve Click through rate.
- Get a Creative Landing page builder with some premade templates and a separate mobile editor for page optimization.
- Automated Email marketing with the highest converting automation workflows that you can get started with a click.
- Enhanced Reporting for better analysis to improve your campaigns.
- Gather user data using the Subscription form.
The free plan offered by MooSend offers you a free subscription with the necessary features for up to 1000 subscribers. While there are other monthly and yearly plans available to choose from, the total cost depends upon how long your subscriber’s list is.
Monthly Pro Plan starts at $10 for 1500 subscribers and $760 for 200000 subscribers.
Yearly Pro plan starts at $8 for 1500 subscribers and $608 for 200000 subscribers.
This SMTP server provider is one of the most affordable services you can buy that lets you send bulk marketing and transactional emails. Mailjet ensures that your emails land in the inboxes of your contact list.
It also has a robust email validation tool that helps you lower your bounce rate and minimize the number of incorrect emails in your list.
A well-qualified team of specialists is at your disposal when you need any assistance. Your every technical need will be fulfilled quickly to ensure your long-term marketing efforts are a success.
- Email Marketing templates with customizations
- Advanced and detailed statistics for your every email campaign.
- Easy integration to let you send, schedule, and track emails via RESTful API or the SMTP server.
- Effortless drag and drop editor to create and customize email templates.
- A powerful account management system enables you to share templates with sub-accounts or restrict them from some access.
- Subscription forms to grow and expand your email contact list.
- Easy segmentation of contact based on Age, Interests, Behaviour, etc.
- Super Fast email delivery in the inbox.
- Compatible with CRM platforms, eCommerce websites, blogs.
MailJet offers a valuable free plan that allows you to send around 6000 mail per month with a daily limit of 200 Emails. With the Free program, you will get access to Unlimited Contacts APIs, SMTP Relay, Webhooks, Advanced Email Editor, Advanced Statistics.
While on the other hand, the paid plans make much more sense given the affordable pricing. However, the monthly subscription will cost you more as the Annual plan comes with a 10% discount.
Are you planning to send more than 900,000 emails? Refer to the Enterprise for more details here.
Pepipost is a reliable, fast, and yet one of the cheapest SMTP server providers you can find. With a satisfied customer base of around 50,000+ businesses globally, Pepipost has made its place among the best SMTP service providers.
With the help of Artificial intelligence, you can ensure that your emails are delivered more accurately in the inboxes of your contact list.
You can quickly start sending bulk emails with their easy to setup API integration and SMTP relays.
- Globally distributed SMTP service for on-time delivery.
- Real-time data tracking of different events like delivered, bounced, opens, etc.
- Create responsive email templates easily using the Drag and drop editor.
- Setup autoresponders and rule-based follow-up automation.
- Secured with SPF and DKIM, which reduce the risk of spoofing and phishing.
- Easy to manage sub-accounts distributed among different team members.
Pepipost offers a Free trial that lets you send a massive 30000 emails to your contact list for the first 30 days. You can continue to use their service after 30 days free of cost but with 100 emails/day limit.
Pricing plans look like this;
Over 2,000,000 Contact sales team
Mailify is a tailor-made solution for businesses that enables them to ensure successful email, text, automated campaigns.
This SMTP service provider is based out of Europe and is owned by Sarbacane Software, a pioneer in the email marketing industry.
They ensure that you achieve higher deliverability and improve your technical and strategic plans to reach desired sales and marketing goals.
Mailfy has a responsive and robust customer support unit, and you can get in touch with them when required via email, chat, or phone.
- Integrated with Artificial intelligence that helps you improve performance, deliverability, and contact list errors.
- Build and customize Email templates for better reach and interaction.
- Easy setup of Subscribe forms to gather more leads and interested customer details.
- Bulk emails Automation and execution of scheduled emails.
- Interactive dashboard with all analytics and reports at once place.
- Statistical suggestions and improvement for marketing campaigns.
- Schedule SMS campaigns for direct reach out.
- It can be connected with all your applications to trigger automatic email and SMS scenarios based on real-time data from the database.
To get more information about the pricing, you’ll need to create an account on Mailify. Once you register, you will also be eligible for the 30-day free trial, and you can test out the features for a better understanding of the product.
SendPulse has been offering its service since the year 2005. They have experience of more than a decade of in this industry.
They will offer your better Email deliverability and help you achieve your marketing and sales goals. You can use this software for sending Bulk emails, SMS, and creating chatbots for Facebook and Telegram. This will allow you to reach every customer’s favourite platform and start communicating.
- Adaptive emails that can be responsive based upon the screen size and resolution.
- Drag and Drop email template builder.
- More than 130 Free email templates.
- Create a complex automated flow of emails and SMS.
- Schedule an event-specific email to remind your customer of a webinar.
- Email Subscription form creation for collecting visitor’s email.
- Send push notifications to your subscribers on Chrome, Firefox, and Opera.
- Contact list segmentation and A/B testing of several versions of mails.
- Statistical input based on Reports and analytics to improve campaigns.
- Mailing List Verification to detect unnecessary or spammy emails.
The product is priced based on the number of subscribers you have. For up to 500 subscribers, the service is free of cost.
There are two types of payment options available.
Monthly plan starting at $6.4 for the 500 Subscribers list and goes up to 5,000,000 subscribers list for $5600
While the other one is called “Pay as you go” and is billed Monthly,
Google provides SMTP service for every Gmail user. You will have to set Google’s SMTP server settings manually, and once you are done, you will receive a Client ID and Client Secret that will be used further to integrate the SMTP server on your website.
You can easily rely on Google’s service, as Gmail has been a widely used email service globally.
Easy integration with a WordPress website can be done using the WP Mail SMTP plugin. For the trial version, Google allows you to send only 2000 emails per day and just 500 emails per day with a free trial account.
Learn how to configure your Free SMTP server on Google to send emails.
This free service from Google is best suited for Small Business or Individual site owners. However, for more features and better sending limits, you can check the pricing related information here.
How to integrate SMTP on a WordPress website?
To install the SMTP server on your WordPress website, all you’ll need is to install a free plugin called WP Mail SMTP.
The plugin is supported by all SMTP providers that we have already discussed. Once you install and activate the plugin, you can head forward to the settings.
If you have a paid subscription, then you can enter your license key here.
In the next section, fill out the From email address that will be used as the outgoing email ID along with the senders name. We would recommend entering the website’s name in the sender’s name column so that the receiver can recall your brand.
You can now go ahead and connect your SMTP service from the given list of servers. In case you don’t see the name of your SMTP server provider, simply select Other SMTP and enter the required details.
The plugin supports almost every SMTP service provider given that the required information is filled out correctly. Selecting different SMTP servers may prompt different sets of details.
Most of the preferred options will only ask for the API key and Domain details. But when connecting your SMTP server via “Other SMTP” option, you will need the following details.
SMTP Host: It usually looks like; smtp.yoursmtpserver.com
Encryption: Mostly SSL or TLS
SMTP Port: Manually it’s 465
Auto TLS: On
Username: Provided by your SMTP service
Password: Password for your SMTP service
Click on Save once you are done entering the details. Once the authentication is done, you will be connected to your SMTP server. Every email from now on will be sent through your SMTP partner.
Though you can send out an Test email and verify if everything is working fine.
Congratulations! Now you have successfully integrated your SMTP server on your WordPress website.
We hope that you find this piece of content informative and useful. Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best free SMTP server?
SendinBlue is one of the Best SMTP servers that lets you send up to 9000 emails monthly for free. Moreover, SendinBlue has a high deliverability rate and tons of features to enhance your email marketing campaigns.
2. What is SMTP used for?
Simple Mail Transfer Protocol is an application that sends, receives, and relays outgoing emails between the receiver and the sender.
3. Why are SMTP servers important?
SMTP servers translate the string of code transferred from one end to another in a readable format. The server processes and passes on the message strictly as the sender had intended.