Looking out for the best SendGrid alternatives for your email marketing requirements?
With the rising prices of SendGrid, many marketers and brands are looking out for alternatives that could provide better percentage returns on their investment. And why not?
I hope we all can agree that Email marketing is still one of the most effective and efficient ways of promoting your product or services.
But it certainly does not mean that you should be paying more for a service, especially when you have the option to move on to a better alternative.
The only reason to look for an alternative should not be the “price” but the “Value” of the product.
Hence, to make your job easier, we started looking for them and found out that there are not only one or two but multiple services that are a great alternative to Sendgrid regarding pricing, features, deliverability, scalability and value.
So without any further ado, let’s dive in.
Which are the best SendGrid Alternatives?
|Top Alternatives||Free Trial||Pricing||Rating|
|SendinBlue||Free Forever plan (300/day)||Starts @ 25/Mo||4.5/5|
|Constant Contact||Free of cost for the first month||Starts @ $20/Mo||4.5/5|
|Convert Kit||Free Forever plan (upto 1000 subscribers)||Starts @ 25/Mo||3.5/5|
|Pepipost||Free 30000 emails for 1st Month. 100/day afterwards||Starts @ $17.5/Mo for 150K Emails||3/5|
|Moosend||Free Forever plan (upto 1000 subscribers)||Starts @ $10/Mo||3.5/5|
|SendPulse||Free plan (15000/Mo for a subscribers list of 500 emails)||Start @ $6.4/Mo||4.5/5|
|Active Campaign||Unavailable||Starts @ $9/Mo||4/5|
|MailJet||Free Forever (up to 200 emails/day)||Starts @ $8.69/Mo||3/5|
|Mailify||30 Free trial||Starts @ $69||3.5/5|
|MailChimp||Free Forever plan (12000 emails/Mo)||Starts @ 9.99/Mo||3.5/5|
SendInBlue is an excellent email marketing service that also offers a Free plan for beginners. With a fantastic set of features and functionalities, this makes for a great SendGrid alternative.
Moreover, SendInblue is not just an email marketing platform but a complete Digital marketing solution as you can create Landing pages, Forms, Retargeting ads, and more using this service.
Features of SendInBlue
- Offers high email deliverability using SMTP to deliver your emails into your contacts’ inboxes.
- You can design Professional-looking emails that match your brand style to attract more clicks and conversions.
- Comes with a powerful A/B testing tool that lets you try out multiple Email formats and select the one that converts the most.
- Using this platform, you can also Integrate Chat on the website to make communication easier for your visitors.
- Quickly set up transactional emails that can be triggered when an event takes place on the website like payment, cart discarded, etc.
- With the help of send-time optimization, you can deliver the emails to your subscribers when they are most likely to engage with them.
- Make use of the segmentation to classify your subscriber’s list for better targeting.
- Offers a robust customer relationship management (CRM) tool to track your user’s details.
Pricing of SendBlue
You can sign up for the service Free of cost for sending up to 300 emails daily to an unlimited number of contacts.
If your requirement is more than 300 emails per day, you can subscribe to the Paid plans and access other additional features and benefits.
- 10k emails/mo costs $25
- 40k emails/mo costs $54
- 60k emails/mo costs $69
- 100k emails/mo costs $99
- 20k emails/ mo costs $65
- 100k emails/mo costs $124
- 500k emails/mo costs $379
- 1M emails/mo costs $599
Another email marketing service that should be considered as a great SendGrid alternative is Constant contact. It offers nice scalability and top transactional service in the industry.
Apart from Email Marketing, you can also add value in Social Media Marketing, Website development, and setting up an eCommerce store.
Features of Constant Contact
- Industry-standard Email deliverability that ensures that your emails land in subscribers inbox.
- You can use the robust list-building tool that can help you grow your contact lists.
- Manage your social media post scheduling and analytics to improve your brand reach and awareness.
- Easy to use drag and drop builder allows you to create unique-looking email templates. Also, you can access 100s of pre-designed templates.
- Take advantage of A/B testing to maximize Clicks and conversions.
- Provides an interactive Contact list management to keep an eye on your growing list.
- The tool observes the behavior and sends emails to users at the right time based on their website clicks.
- Track performance with Real-time tracking of emails to get the best results and to identify areas of improvement.
- Comes with access to the Free library and tons of images.
Constant Contact does not offer any Free-forever plan, but you can avail of the service based on your contact list, where the first month will be free of cost.
After this period expires, you can opt for the paid plans based on the number of contacts.
The Email plan starts at $20/Month for a list of up to 500 subscribers.
Email Plus starts at $45/Month for up to 500 subscribers.
If the service already convinces you, you can subscribe and pay in advance for 6 or 12 months and save up to 15%.
ConvertKit is an excellent software for your email marketing campaign, and unlike SendGrid, you can use it to offer content upgrades. The platform offers some great features for Bloggers and Digital marketers that could help them grow their business.
Features of ConvertKit
- Create sales pages for your products and promote digital products through multiple channels.
- High inbox email deliverability that results in better open rates and conversion.
- You can create professional email templates that can be personalized to match your website’s appearance and style.
- To promote your product, you can even build custom landing pages to share new product details like features, pricing and more.
- Various CMS platforms like Shopify, Teachable, Crowdcast, WordPress, etc., work perfectly with ConvertKit.
- Take advantage of Email Automation to create an Email flow that delivers transaction or promotional emails on time to your subscribers.
- Manage and segment your users in different criteria based on their location, gender, etc., to target them accordingly.
- You can build an interactive Sign-Up or newsletters to grow your contact list.
Pricing of ConvertKit
This email marketing platform offers you a Free Forever plan to send emails to up to 1000 subscribers. Not only that, in this plan, you can also promote your Digital products and create unlimited landing pages & forms.
There are two paid plans that you could subscribe to if you have a list of more than 1000 subscribers.
Creator: Starts @ $29/month for 1000 Subscribers
Creator Pro: Starts @ $59/month for 1000 Subscribers
Before subscribing, you can try out the software with the advanced features using the 14 Day Free Trial. Once you are satisfied and would like to subscribe to the software, we recommend opting for the Annual subscription as you can get two months free with that.
Pepipost is a reliable email marketing software that is used by more than 20,000 brands globally. You can keep close track of your email campaigns performance and unsubscriptions to take corrective measures in time.
They have globally distributed SMTP servers which makes email deliverability more scalable and faster.
Features of Pepipost
- Can seamlessly integrate it with your stack such as Php, node.js, Ruby, Python, Java, etc.
- You can connect your Apps, Websites to the platform using the API.
- Follows high-security protocols to ensure data protection and privacy.
- Pepipost uses a couple of DNS records(SPF, DMARC, and DKIM record) to authenticate the email sending domain name.
- Easy to use for sending bulk emails quickly. To ensure inbox deliverability, it also uses Artificial intelligence.
- Take advantage of Webhooks to get notified about events in real-time as and when it happens.
- You can create sub accounts to simplify management for your team members.
Pricing of Pepipost
Pepipost allows you to send 30,000 emails for the first month to your subscriber list, after which the plan limits it to 100 emails per day, Free Forever.
With the Paid plans, you can access all advanced features. We would recommend the Annual subscription once you are satisfied with the service so that you end up saving 30% over the monthly pricing.
For over 2,000,000. Contact the sales team here.
Moosend is an All-in-one marketing platform that helps you to grow your business. This software is used by some of the reputed brands like Dominos, Gucci, Vogue, Dixons, etc.
The software is easy to use for beginners and individuals with no technical skills.
Features of Moosend
- Comes with a drag and drop builder that makes creating email templates for your email marketing campaigns easy.
- Using segmentation, you can classify your subscriber’s lists in multiple categories to target them based on their buying behaviour, interests, demographics, etc.
- With the help of drag and drop Automation builder, you can create complicated flows in minutes. There are multiple pre-built Email automation templates that you can also use and edit as per your requirement.
- Moreover, you can build Landing pages and subscription forms to boost your sales and conversions while growing your contact list.
- Add product recommendations for your products or services to increase user engagement.
- For E-commerce businesses, the software helps you understand the customers who viewed your product, discarded the cart, or attempted a Payment.
- Get access to analytical data and use them to build better strategies that could benefit your business.
- Moosend can be easily integrated with any e-commerce platform, website or CRM without any HTML knowledge.
- Prompt customer support and Video tutorials will help you learn more about optimizing your email campaigns for better results.
Pricing of Moosend
Moosend provides you access to all core features with the Free plan. This plan is suited best for beginners as they can send unlimited emails to a list of up to 1000 subscribers.
Along with that, users can also access Sign-up & Subscription Forms & Reporting & Analytics but will be restricted to creating Landing Pages, Priority Support, and subordinating Team Members.
For accessing other additional features, Moosend offers relatively cheap payment options.
Monthly Pro Plan starts at $10 for 1500 subscribers to up to $760 for 200000 subscribers.
Yearly Pro plan starts at $8 for 1500 subscribers to up to $608 for 200000 subscribers.
SendPulse is an Email marketing and messenger platform that makes communicating with your subscribers and customers quite efficient.
This software is an excellent alternative for SendGrid because of the value it provides and the fact that it’s relatively cheaper.
Features of SendPulse
- Get 130+ pre-designed Email templates that you can further customize as per your business requirement. Moreover, using the drag and drop builder, you can build templates from scratch.
- With Automation 360, you can set up complex flows for web push notifications, SMS, and event-based triggers.
- Increase your conversion and clicks by segmenting your contact list so that you can target them accordingly.
- Take advantage of A/B testing tools to find the best email templates for your campaigns that convert the most.
- With the help of a built-in spam checker, you can analyze your email list to ensure better deliverability rates.
- To increase your subscriber’s list, you can build interactive Sign-up or Subscription forms.
- Promote your products on Whatsapp, Facebook and Telegram by creating chatbots. This can help you increase your brand awareness.
- Using API, you can connect with your application or website for a smooth flow of work.
- Supports Web push notifications on browsers like Chrome, Firefox, or Opera.
Pricing of SendPulse
SendPulse allows you to send up to 15000 emails per month to a subscribers list of 500 emails Free of cost.
There are multiple payment plans available for availing these Email marketing services.
Standard: Start at $6.4/mo for a mailing list of 1-500 subscribers
Pro: Start at $7.68/mo for a mailing list of 1-500 subscribers
Enterprise: Start at $10.75/mo for a mailing list of 1-500 subscribers
With the yearly plan, you can save 20% while 10% on the half annual plan.
SendPulse offers Transactional emails, SMS, Web push, Chatbots, Email verification as separate services that can be availed with Free and Paid plans.
Active Campaign is a great software for enhancing the customer experience on your website. The software is integrated with Email Marketing, Automation and CRM tools.
This software is best suited for B2B, E-commerce, and B2C companies looking to grow their business by connecting with their potential customers.
Active Campaign is used by more than 150,000 users worldwide and is top-rated on review platforms like Trust Radius & G2.com.
Features Of Active Campaign
- Uses Machine learning to determine Predictive Actions as per customers behaviour and makes decisions based on that to improve conversions.
- Easily create Automation flows or use the 500+ pre-built automation recipes within a few clicks.
- More than 125 professional email templates crafted by experts can be customized as per your business. All email templates are mobile optimized.
- The software ensures high email inbox deliverability across various channels.
- Allows split testing to identify the emails that are receiving more opens, clicks, and buys.
- Active Campaign can be easily integrated with Shopify, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, Facebook, Paypal, Stripe and 850+ other apps.
- Audience Segmentation allows you to classify your subscriber’s list based on their preference and interest to target them more efficiently.
- Track Social Shares and integrate Google Analytics to better understand the customer behaviour on the website.
- Create Sign up Forms that collect users Contact information and build a solid first impression by immediately sending welcome emails.
Pricing of Active Campaign
Active Campaign does not offer any free trial for the software, but you try out the software for Free for a limited time.
There are multiple paid plans that you could subscribe to based on your needs and the size of your contact list; all of them have different sets of features.
Lite: Starts @ $9/Mo Paid for up to 500 contacts
Plus: Starts @ $49/Mo Paid for up to 1000 contacts
Professional: Starts @ $129/Mo Paid for up to 2500 contacts
Enterprise: Starts @ $229/Mo Paid for up to 2500 contacts
MailJet has become the leading email marketing software in the industry since its acquisition by Mailgun in 2019. As a Sendgrid alternative, this is a great software to subscribe for.
MailJet is used and trusted by more than 130,000 users globally, including brands like Kia, Microsoft, American Express, DHL, etc.
Features of Mailjet
- Create a personalized email marketing platform to connect with users more interactively, resulting in more conversions and clicks.
- Try a/b testing tool so you can test the impact of new subject lines, images, or that new welcome email sequence on the performance.
- Build your audience and manage your contact groups more effectively by placing sign-up forms on your website.
- You can customize your transactional emails with variables that could trigger the correct email to the user at the right time.
- Using Webhooks, you can manage and track opens, clicks in real-time.
- It can be integrated on the website using the SMTP relay & Send API with the help of any preferred programming language like PHP, Ruby, Python, C#, Java, Node.js, and more.
- Guarantees 99.9% uptime thanks to the reliability of our infrastructures and tools.
- Coordinate with your team members in real-time for building better emails or for optimizing performance.
- Create targeted segments to send relevant emails customized to their identity, interests, and behaviours.
Pricing of MailJet
So based on the number of emails you’ll be sending per month, MailJet prices will vary. The best thing is that it offers a Free Forever plan that you could use to send up to 200 emails per day to unlimited contacts.
Moreover, you will also have access to APIs, SMTP Relay, Webhooks, Advanced Email Editor, Advanced Statistics.
But to avail of more advanced features and remove your daily send limit, you can subscribe for these plans:
Basic: Starts @ $8.69/Month for 30,000 emails
Premium: Starts @ $18.86/Month for 30,000 emails
Enterprise: For more than 900,000. You can contact sales here.
Save 10% with the monthly subscription.
Another email marketing platform to consider as SendGrid Alternative is Mailify which has large servers across the globe to ensure high email deliverability.
This software is developed by a reputed European company Sarbacane Softwares and is produced by big brands worldwide.
Features of Mailify
- Offers drag and drop Email template builder that makes creating or customizing premade templates an easy task.
- Manage Automated Email workflows to smooth deliver essential emails to your subscribers or customers in time.
- It is integrated with Artificial Intelligence technology that makes deliverability more efficient.
- Allows easy integration with Websites, Application using the Tipi Mail SMTP API.
- Has an intuitive web interface that lets you manage and track email performance and key metrics to provide insights into your campaigns.
- You can create and customize landing pages without any technical knowledge that suit your website design or brand image.
- Design eye-catching sign-up forms that help you grow your contact list.
- Imports contact list with no restrictions in different formats.
Pricing of Mailify
Mailify offers a 30 Free trial that you could use to get more of an idea about all the advanced features.
This Email marketing suite has more than multiple payment plans based on the number of emails you are considering sending every month.
5000 emails: $69
10,000 emails: $99
25,000 emails: $139
MailChimp is one of the most famous email marketing platforms that you could rely on as a SendGrid alternative. In 2020, Mailchimp was also named one of the Best Software companies by G2.
Their online marketing solution is rated as one of the best in the software category by TrustRadius.
Features of MailChimp
- Build engaging emails that look professional using the drag and drop builder.
- Use audience management tools to identify Audience characteristics, behavior, and patterns to create campaigns accordingly.
- Filter your audience in different segments to target them in a more precise way.
- Build Landing pages and Sign-up forms to generate more conversions.
- You can do Social media promotion using Digital ads to target a new set of audiences and people who visit your website.
- It can be easily integrated with CMS like WordPress, Shopify, and many others.
- Send transactional emails to users when the user on the website triggers a specific event.
- Has A/B Testing features that let you identify the best combination of Emails.
- The software is also available as an application for mobile to remotely monitor your campaigns’ performance.
- Use an AI-powered creative assistant to generate custom designs for you in seconds.
- Get personalized recommendations and real-time reports with the help of built-in analytics tools.
Pricing of MailChimp
MailChimp lets you get started with a free account. You can use it to send emails to up to 2000 contacts monthly along with access to Email Builder, Marketing CRM, Forms & Landing Pages, Creative Assistant, Website Builder & Mailchimp Domain.
Essential plan starts at $9.99/month for up to 500 subscribers.
Standard plan starts at $14.99/month for up to 500 subscribers.
Premium plan gives you complete access starting from $299/month for up to 10k subscribers.
All of the Email marketing solutions mentioned here are a great alternative if you are planning to switch from SendGrid.
Ensure that you go through the features that we have mentioned here and try to base your decision on your requirements and expectations.
Don’t stress much about picking the right software; any of this software will work just fine if you have a solid team with the willingness to serve customers and business.
However, try out the software if a Free trial is available to get more clarity on what you are investing in.
Happy Email Marketing.
Don’t forget to share your thoughts below in the comment section.